The purpose of the Alliance is to ensure that the biodiversity of the region is maintained in a changing climate – by protecting & enhancing landscape connections from our coastline & along the great escarpment.
How we work
The structure and functions of the Alliance will provide Alliance partners with:
- the opportunity to work at a landscape scale
- assistance to continue & grow their business in biodiversity conservation, and grow their capacity
- a united front for collaboration
- a single point of reference for on-ground operations
- an opportunity to share information & resources
- a focus for training, development & research
- capacity to strengthen biodiversity messages to the wider community through joint communications
- opportunity to manage biodiversity threats in a tenure-blind & strategic manner
What does the Alliance seek to achieve?
The Alliance intends to pursue STRATEGIES such as …
that contribute towards our OBJECTIVES of …
|1. Focusing on connectivity conservation action||connected and resilient landscapes & ecosystems|
|2. Communicating the issues & opportunities with the wider community||an aware and active community supporting biodiversity conservation|
|3. Collaboration between partners on projects & communications||local people and local groups working together for a healthy environment|
|4. Effective administration, resourcing and funding||local effort & employment supported by local, regional and national contributions|
|5. Exchanging knowledge and skills||effective & inclusive use of the knowledge and skills within the alliance area|
The Jaliigirr Alliance is a regional partner of the Great Eastern Ranges Initiative.